For those who want to travel but are limited due to the regular requirement of needing to be on dialysis then Japan is a possible option for you. There are a number of options open to visitors to Japan who require dialysis treatment. Usually when we are tailor making an itinerary for a client on dialysis there are a number of factors we have to take into consideration.
Packages where they are catering for dialysis patients can vary in costs depending on participant numbers, requirements, guided/assisted days etc. When creating packages for clients we will arrange the dialysis treatment, assistance where required including guiding or interpreting services, accommodation, transportation passes if required etc.
As a general rule packages/tours to Japan where clients have required dialysis treatment tend to be from 10-14 days however a trip could be anywhere up to 20 days if clients wish. The length of a package will be dictated to some degree by the confirmations of the various hospitals.
Other factors to consider are:
- Age and general fitness and ability
- Travelling companions requirements
- Length of stay/ treatment days
Components we will not be responsible for are:
- Insurance covering pre-existing condition
- Flights if coming from a country other than Australia
- Depending on the hospital, the payment for treatment – many hospitals usually want the treatment costs paid in cash directly to hospital. We at Japan Specialist will arrange the booking for treatment and co-ordinate with assistants in the booking to make the process as trouble free as possible however usually clients will usually pay for treatment directly to the hospital.